Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Zenbossing

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."    
 Albert Einstein 
 
I recently completed a tile where I used my Sizzix die cut machine to emboss a border around the outside edge, and then I tangled inside. Here is that tile.


After completing that one I wanted to find other ways to incorporate using my die cut machine (which otherwise sits around collecting dust) in my tangling. So I took one of my colored tiles (which I see now is similar coloring to the one I had done previously!)...


... used an embossing folder to cover the whole tile with this swirly design...
 

... and then outlined all of the embossing with black pen.
 

Then I tangled some areas with Printemps and Crescent Moon. I stuck to just two patterns so it wouldn't be too busy, and for the same reason, only tangled some parts. It was hard to know when to stop, but here is when I did...
 

Then I went back in and added just a little shading around the Printemps with pastel pencil.
 

I don't think the above pictures allow you to get a good feel for the embossing, so I tried a closeup where I think you can see the puffiness better.


I really enjoyed the whole process and the way it looks in the end. If you have the means to do the embossing, you might want to try this idea yourself.  

 

5 comments: