Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Moowa

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."     Twyla Tharp

I was supposed to be on the road to FL right now. However... we've had a lot of rain in the last 24 hours, and at 11:00 last night we found that a roof leak that we had last year has returned for a visit. So we postponed our trip for a day (the roads would have been bad anyway and it probably would have been a  s-l-o-w trip.) I turned to tangling as a way to take my mind off our problems. 

The Diva's challenge this week is to use the tangle Moowa, by Anya Ipsen. This pattern was the focus of the Square One FB group a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have time to give it a whirl then, so this is my first time trying it out. I decided to use one of the tiles I made a while ago using Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions acrylic paints. And this is what I did...


Patterns used: Moowa and Aquafleur


I probably should tell you that I planned it that way, but the way those Moowa lined up was pure coincidence. A happy coincidence. I used graphite to shade the Aquafleur and pastel pencils to add a touch of green shading to the Moowa, and I was pretty happy with the tile!

Well, that took my mind off the leak for at least a little while. Now back to reality.



9 comments:

  1. Your tile is fabulously ELECTRIC! LOVE IT! And I love happy little accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, that's just gorgeous! Love the Aquafleur and, of course, the color. Accident or not, the Moowa is so perfect. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Really lovely! The mix is awesome.. and I can never be that symmetrical. Awesome. Hope the rain/water issues go away for you. The color is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the leak is mended by now and you're on the way to FL. Your tile doesn't show any frustration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Moowa with great motion ! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Moowa. It looks so fresh with this green. And your shading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! Your composition is truly stunning with the elegant combo of Moowa and Aquafleur. That green is gorgeously vivid;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful how the 'blobby' ends lined up so nicely for you! I like the effect of Moowa coming from opposite sides.

    ReplyDelete