Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Diva Circles

"Life is a circle. The end of one journey is the beginning of the next."     
Joseph M. Marshall

Just stopping by with a quick post. I saw that the Diva's challenge for this week is to make a string out of circles and tangle it. Well, it so happens that last week I did just that, so I decided to post it now. 

I've been doing a lot with alcohol inks lately, and that's where the vibrant colors in this piece come from. Alcohol inks were spread all around on a piece of Yupo to make the background, and then alcohol was dropped in random places to form all the circles. 



Using a Microperm pen, I tangled the circles and added some white highlights. First I used my Uniball Signo white pen to do the highlights, but after a short time they faded  and were not very bright. So I tried my white Souffle pen and went over the same spots. This time they stayed bright and are puffed up a little from the paper, hence the name Souffle.



Patterns used: Munchin tangleation, Kuke, Marasu, and Purk

I had a lot of fun making this one. Hope you like it!


12 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And informative--you were able to explain the process so concisely. Thank you for sharing what went on with the white pens, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BEAUTIFUL, guess I will have to get me a Souffle set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colorful and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me happy just by looking at it! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops sorry for the deleted previous comment...made some typos! Love the wonderful colors in your tile. So bright! I will have to give the alchol inks a try, they are really lovely! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, the alcohol inks bring such a wonderful vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! That is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous colors, and I like how you tangled the circles. The white highlights are a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wonderful composition and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy…. this is delicious! Will there be some Zendala tiles with the alcohol ink circles on that wonderful paper in your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete