Saturday, March 5, 2016

Road Trip

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey."       
Babs Hoffman

 I recently returned from a trip to visit my son, daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren. They live far away and I only get to see them a couple of times a year, so I didn't do a whole lot of tangling, but I did squeeze in a little while the kids were napping here and there. 

First, I want to share a picture of my grandson who turned four while we were there. He did his first ZIA star, filled with Printemps. He made lots of stars, and when I asked if he'd like to learn a different design for his other stars, he said no. He was happy making many Printemps filled stars.

Here is the proud tangler.



Now for my tangling...


 Patterns used: Flux and Bunzo


The next one was completed on a pre-strung Zendala tile. Rather than filling in all the spaces, which I normally would do, I chose to tangle around the string and leave it with a very light and airy feel.

 Patterns used: Baton, Heartstrings, Beadlines and orbs


Next I used one of my hand-colored tiles. I began with Phicops in the center... and should have made it into a monotangle, just Phicops, but I didn't, and now it's too busy for my liking. Oh well!

 Patterns used: Phicops, Molygon and Sand Swirl


The following tile was completed for the Square One Facebook group where the focus tangle of the week was Zonked. I like the way this turned out, but I have to admit that I did not find it relaxing to tangle this pattern. This is a white tile which was blackened in all around to give it some drama.

Patterns used: Zonked and Tipple

And that's all the tangling I did during the week. I was kept occupied by two little people who I miss so much already!


No comments:

Post a Comment