Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dancing in Circles

"Life is like a merry-go-round. It is full of ups and downs, sometimes you feel like you're just going in circles, but when the ride ends, you want to do it again!"   Linda Poindexter

I'm back with another piece that highlights my pastel pencils. I just can't get enough of them! I worked on the same Canson Mi Teintes paper as in my previous post, but this time in a rosy color. Unfortunately, I drew my string on the wrong side of the paper...well not really the wrong side, but not the side I wanted. I was going to work on the smoother of the two sides like last time, but didn't even realize what I had done until after drawing the string, and I didn't want to start over. Maybe I should have, because I did not like working on the more textured side nearly as much. Both the Microns and the smudger seemed to be dragging too much on the paper. I know I won't make that mistake again - or at least I hope I won't!

I started this one with interlocking circles. When I began tangling I made another MISTAKE! But in true Zentangle style, when you believe you've made a mistake, just use it as an opportunity to create something new. I won't reveal where the mistake was, but because of it, instead of using the same tangle pattern all the way around one circle, I had to use tangleations (variations) of the patterns in each segment of the circles. I would have liked it better if the same pattern continued all the way around, but oh well!



Next I added the color with my pastel pencils, both the General's and the Faber Castells.



Like I said, I would have liked it better if I hadn't made my "mistake." And if I had used the other side of the paper. It's all a learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment