Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Back to Square One

"I go wherever my creativity takes me."   Lil Wayne

Another week and another focus in the Square One Facebook group. Pendrills. I've only used this tangle a couple of times before but remember enjoying it when I did, so I decided to give it another try. I wound the Pendrills around and around (not quite sure when to stop) and then added some B'Dylan, a fairly new (I think) pattern from Mary Beth Schoonover. I love the light, feathery feel of B'Dylan.

This tile was inspired, in part, by a tile posted by Cherryl Moote, where she used "powder puffs," as she called them, in the background. Although she didn't seem too happy with the way hers turned out, I loved the look, and that's what led me to this.



Although the Pendrills are all tangled up (no pun intended), the tile still has a simple, uncluttered look to it. At least that's the way I see it. And I love it!


4 comments:

  1. I love it, Caren. Your connections along the "vine" are a bit different from most. I agree with you about Cheryl Moote's work that her "powder puffs" were fine, but she must have envisioned something else for her work. One of the things to learn from Zentangle is that no one notices if it isn't perfect and isn't what you expected. Except for you who always has perfect work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant that your work is perfect - not that you notice if other's works aren't perfect. Grammar police.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! And I love the "powder puffs" at the ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caren, love your tile and your use of my tangle B'Dylan. You make it look so good. It is a new experience for me to put a new tangle out there and see it come back in its various forms. What fun!

    ReplyDelete