Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stringing me Along


"Some of the most creative ideas emerge from a swirl of chaos"    Unknown

So many ideas of what I want to tangle. New things I want to try. Challenges I want to face. Unfortunately...there aren't enough hours in the day to do it all. At least not if I want to get any sleep. And if I don't get any sleep I won't be any good at what I do. So the only solution is to pick and choose.

CZT Adele Bruno puts out a weekly challenge called "It's a String Thing." Because of that picking and choosing that I was just talking about, I have actually only participated in the challenge one time. If you missed it you can see the tile I entered here. Although I did not participate in the challenge from a couple of weeks ago, I did peruse all the tiles sent to Adele, as I usually do each week. There was something about the swirly string, #54, that really called out to me. 



Actually, it wasn't the string that called out to me, but what I saw that everyone had done with the string. So I decided to give it a whirl. Here's what I ended up with.



Some Knightsbridge, Cubine, Moving Day (by CZT Margaret Bremner), and the latest official tangle called Ing (my first time using it). Taking a grid and making it curvy can add such movement to a piece. I hope you like this one as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment