Thursday, June 12, 2014

Paint With all the Colors of the Wind

"Colors are the smiles of nature."     Leigh Hunt

Back in April when I attended Tangle U in Maine, I bought some hand-colored tiles from fellow CZT Sue Jacobs. This first one, a blue Zendala tile, was completed using a stencil from Acadia Laser Creations, along with blue pen and colored pencil for shading.



I was very happy with the way it turned out, so I went on to do another one, this time in pink. It's okay, but I think my tangle choices could have been better. However, I was loving the whole colored pen and pencil thing.



Then I decided to try making some of my own tiles. I used several methods, including watercolor paint, Ranger distress ink pads, alcohol inks, and Tombow markers. So much fun, and the results were so interesting! Here's one I did where I tangled the green parts of the tile and left the pink parts as open space.



This next one in pink and purple, I decided to tangle using black pen, along with colored pencils and graphite pencil for shading. This reminds me a little bit of the trees that I've recently seen Margaret Bremner post. I like the combination of colors here.



Next is another tile that I made. I decided to try a red pen on this tile colored with orange and yellow. I love the way these colors look together.


I thought I'd share some of the other tiles I created, just waiting to be tangled.











This last picture is a group of leftover pieces of paper that I colored using various methods. They're smaller than tile size. I was just fooling around with the scraps rather than throwing them away (recycling).


Who knew working with color in this way could be so much fun!


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. Aren't you the one who posted the steps for marbling with shaving cream? I couldn't remember for sure.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job using color. I love the blue one done with the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful! It's so exciting to see where you have gone with the colored tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Your tiles got me started, and you've created a monster!

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I expecially like the first blue one, and the fiery orange one. And all the papers awaiting tangling. Fun is in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Those are my favorite 2 also. I've recently come to love the combination of reds, oranges and yellows.

      Delete
  5. What a pleasure viewing all these endless tangles with great ideas. You are gifted to create so much. Thank you for sharing them. Greetings from Lebanon. Elma.

    ReplyDelete