Monday, June 10, 2013

One Thousand Thanks...and a New Challenge

"All I ever wanted really, and continue to want out of life, is to give 100 percent to whatever I'm doing and to be committed to whatever I'm doing and then let the results speak for themselves. Also to never take myself or people for granted and always be thankful and grateful to the people who helped me."
Jackie Joyner-Kersee  

When I made the decision to start a blog all about my adventures with Zentangle, I really didn't know what to expect. Would anyone be interested in looking at photos of my work? Would anyone care about what I had to say? Now, just 10 days and four blog posts later, I have surpassed 1000 page views! Wow! I can safely say that is way more than I could have imagined. So I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to visit here and become part of my first thousand. I hope that you will continue on this journey with me.

And now I'd like to share my first entry into Roy Stauffer's monotangle challenge. This week's challenge was to use the tangle "shard" by CZT Carole Ohl. I had not used this tangle before but found it fun to make the shards wind haphazardly all over the place, with some of them piercing through their boundaries. 

Here are two photos. The first one shows my tile without any shading, and the second one is after. As always, I think the shading adds so much dimension to the design.  





I really enjoyed working with Carole's tangle pattern, and although I don't know where the future of this blog will take me, I do expect to see more shards in my future.

Once again, one thousand thanks to all of you!

6 comments: